Why a cross-disability public health foundation?
CFAS recognized that there was a need to build a single-point of entry to access and share information and resources in order to co-create a seamless and sustainable continuum of exceptional Animal-Assisted Support Services across Canada so that as many people, companion, and animals in service as possible could experience love just for being. Why is this important? Because Love changes everything.
- Unite Animal Assisted Support Services stakeholders to identify core values and common priorities.
- Stimulate collaborative action in the spirit of cooperation and inclusiveness.
- Inspire a consistent level of quality, safety, and satisfaction of those served.
- Ensure the sustainability, credibility, and availability of exceptional Animal Assisted Support Services.
- Support related charities and those they serve.
- Carry out the Foundation's charitable programs and activities.
- Conduct and support research.
What We Value
- The Human-animal bond.
- Quality of life of Canadians regardless of age, type of disability, and/or challenge.
- Overcoming the stigma associated with mental heath issues.
- Service Providers and related charities that make life-changing contributions in this growing field, while possessing, unique identities.
- Animal-Assisted Support Services within the health, social services, and justice sectors.
- Building a vibrant Animal-Assisted Support Services Community, sustainable/credible services, and programs.
- Human animal interactions that benefit those served, those serving, and the animals.
- Creating opportunities to access and share resources and information in order to achieve our mission.
- Collaboration, community engagement, and partnerships that reduce isolation, fragmentation, and duplication making better use of people’s time, energy, and resources.