About The Foundation
Our vision is to be the philanthropic leader that sustains the innovation, coordination, and integration of Animal-Assisted Support Services within Canada's health-care, social service, and justice sectors in order to improve the quality of life of people with physical, emotional, and social challenges.
Value Creation Statement
Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of people with physical, emotional, and social challenges through partnerships with companion and service animals.
Definition of Animal Assisted Support Services - Being Loved Just for Being!
Animal Assisted Support Services are partnerships between people and animals that improve physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- Unite Animal Assisted Support Services stakeholders to identify core values and common priorities to stimulate collaborative action in the spirit of cooperation and inclusiveness.
- Inspire a consistent level of quality, safety, and satisfaction of those served.
- Ensure the sustainability, credibility, and availability of exceptional Animal Assisted Support Services.
- Support related charities and those they serve.
- Carry out the Foundation's charitable programs and activities.
- Conduct and support research.
Animal Assisted Support Services (AASS) improve quality of life.
Service Providers and related charities make life changing contributions, while possessing, unique identities.
AASS add value to the health and social service sectors.
A combination of passion, talent, abilities, knowledge, and fact-based decision making will build a vibrant AASS community, sustainable services, and programs.
Human animal interactions benefit those served, those serving, and the animals.
The website and portal make accessing services, information, and exchanging information easier.
Collaboration and partnerships reduce isolation, fragmentation, and duplication making better use of people’s time, energy, and resources.
The human-animal bond is powerful, because at the centre of these important relationships is the mutual gift of being loved just for being.
Why a public foundation?
A public foundation is a legal categorization for a nonprofit organization that typically either donates funds to other charities and/or provides the source of funding for its own charitable purposes.